Roast Salmon with Balsamic Glaze
5 Lb. Whole salmon, center bone removed
1 T. Lemon rind, grated
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 T. Fresh thyme, chopped
3 T. Olive oil
1/2 c Balsamic vinegar
1 t. Granulated sugar
1/4 c Butter
1/2 c Red wine
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place salmon in baking dish.
3. Chop together lemon rind, garlic and thyme. Brush oil over salmon and inside cavity.
4. Rub herb mixture over salmon. (Prepare up to 24 hours ahead of time.)
5. Roast 40 minutes or until white juices appear on top.
6. Meanwhile, combine balsamic vinegar, wine and sugar in a skillet.
7. Bring to a boil and reduce until syrupy.
8. Turn heat to low and whisk in butter.
9. Remove skin and slice salmon. Serve with sauce.
Serves 8 - 10
Recipe provided by The Vinegar Institute.